Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

What a lovely day I've had...

.. waking up too earlyish again, but having bright warm sunshine to blame it on...

.. being able to find everything I needed for my drop spindle class, pretty much where I expected to find it...

.. going to MEC to look for bicycling liner shorts and a skirt, finding them, loving them, buying them... oh, and remembering to buy a waterbottle, too...

.. heading downtown and having more success buying the cheap cycling glove I expected to find at Simon's Bike Shop...

.. entering Sears and pausing to scope out the Clinique counter 'cause it's bonus time, and having a delightful sales lady jump to assist me... (and she managed to make her sales attitude feel unsmarmy, unlike the manager at Claire's who was talking to her staff about meeting their sales quotas, while on the floor or behind the cash register, loudly enough for customers to hear.. nice..)

.. having my mostly-weekly rub by Vince, and givin' it to him about raising chickens and panthers in Vancouver.. (ask him about this, I'm curious what he'll say)...

.. and then having a delightful drop-spindle class, with two women I already knew (one coworker, one a past student) and a couple who worked as movie prop builders, and were fascinating characters...

...and... now it is late in the night and I should rejoice in the final goodness that is a new episode of Cast On to listen to.. and I'll prob fall asleep within the first five minutes, but I'll hear the rest of it tomorrow.

Hooray for springtime Fridays!

Comments:
That seems like a wonderful day! I try to make every weekend something like that...or at least every other weekend. It's nice to have a day or two where you can run desirable errands, and get a lot of things done for YOURSELF.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?