Monday, March 14, 2005

 

The Beginnings of a List...

(and if the artist mentioned isn't the original one, it may mean that I don't know the original, or just that I like the remake better...)

"Don't think twice, its alright" - Bob Dylan

"Ray of Light" - Madonna

"Lovers in a Dangerous Time" - BareNaked Ladies

"Paper Moon" - Natalie Cole

"Cecelia" - Simon and Garfunkle

That opera song that Canada Post used in its movie trailer commercial about six years ago.

"Man of the Hour" - Pearl Jam, from the Big Fish soundtrack

"This Bouquet" - Ani DiFranco

"King of Spain" and the entire "Bargainville" album by Moxy Fruvous

"Monster" - Paula Cole

"Hard to Laugh" and most of the "Love Junk" album by The Pursuit of Happiness

"Curious Grey" - Sarah Harmer (which prompted my first attempt to play along with my dad's upright bass.. and I did not half-bad!)

(just put on the BNL song, and my mood has lifted measurably....)

Enough for now.. been a slightly rough day, spending a bit too much time in my head, but I'm saying a mental thank-you to the people who brought me out, either knowingly or not... danka.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?